Looking for a fun craft to do that is super easy and quick to make?
This Valentine’s pillow doesn’t take much time and doesn’t cost much either. And the best part? It’s a no-sew project!
This post includes affiliate links for your convenience. For more information please visit my disclosure page.
My 7 year old actually came up with the idea from watching a craft channel on making a felt heart pillow. Instead of felt, I decided fleece would work better since I love the knot blankets. So we headed to Hobby Lobby for supplies.
Here’s what you’ll need…
- Fleece – Enough for whatever size you want your pillow x 2. We just bought a half a yard for ours and it was enough to make two heart pillows and another smaller square one.
- Poly-Fil Premium Polyester Fiber
Here’s the steps…
- Make a paper heart the size that you want the finished pillow to be.
- Put the paper heart on top of two layers of fabric and cut out a heart that is one inch larger that the paper heart.
- Cut slits from the larger heart to the paper heart all the way around.
- Tie the matching pieces together almost all the way around the heart. Leave two or three spots that need to be tied so filling can be added.
- Stuff the Valentine’s pillow as fluffy as you would like.
- Finish tying the remainder the rest of the way around.
Just FYI, working with fleece can be very messy…
Here’s the finished Valentine’s pillow… Tah dah!
Check out how I used Christmas clearance items last year to create fun Valentine’s Day mantel decoration here.