Thanks so much to my mom who came up with this super inexpensive gift basket idea from the Dollar Tree. This will make 12 gift baskets for just at $20. Perfect to fill with cookies, homemade jelly, coffee, candies or anything.
What you’ll need…
2 packs of red tinsile
2 packs of 6 candy canes
1 pack of foil pipe cleaners
3 rolls of 2.5in ribbon 3 yards long
EASY HOW TO –
1. Fill each basket with the tinsle.
2. Tie a pipe cleaner around the candy cane.
3. Unroll the roll of ribbon and fold in half. Cut on a diagonal. Fold these two pieces in half again and fold on a diagonal.
4. Take one of the pieces and fold back and forth like the picture below.
5. Use the ends of the pipe cleaner around the candy cane to make the bow effect. Tie in the middle of the ribbon that you folded back and forth…
6. Use the pipe cleaner again by wrapping it around the handle of the basket.
7. Fill with special treats and viola! 12 Christmas presents ready for gifting!
Here’s a picture of all of my mom’s gift baskets AND… the tins in the background?
Those are FILLED with cookies. People come from far and wide to peruse the different types of cookies she bakes each year. When I was in high school, all of the sudden I would feel popular in December because people would come by our house to visit the cookie buffet! YUM!
Thank you Mom for sharing this idea for inexpensive gift baskets that are super cute and thanks for sharing your home and delicious cooking with friends and neighbors through the years!