Timber windows are a traditional form of windows used in various types of the building structures in the past. However, in modern construction techniques, these traditional window elements are out of style. Timber windows are now replaced by a variety of other window options that are made up of different materials, and which do not require time-to-time caring and proper handling. However, timber windows and wooden frame windows are not completely obsolete. Though modern window options have their positives, timber windows are still a better and superior choice, and have characteristics that are unmatchable in any alternatives. In this article, 7 superior reasons are presented as why you should opt for timber windows over other types.
The Superiority of Timber Windows
- Natural Raw Material : Wood is a primary product of nature. It can be easily found in the desired amount and trees can be planted again to replenish them and to fulfill future requirements without any industrial setup or establishments. Since they are natural, they are completely harmless when installed in building structures. Additionally, no harmful production methods are used to create timber windows.
- Completely Harmless: Non-timber windows are generally made of materials that are extracted from the earth’s surface using complex and hazardous chemical and mechanical procedures. These procedures are harmful and cause almost permanent irreversible damage to the environment and eventually to humans. Materials like uPVC (PVCs) release internationally banned highly poisonous gasses which are again hazardous to both populaces and environment. Therefore, the use of timber windows is a wise choice, since they are more practical and environmental friendly. The process of obtaining raw materials and converting it to timber windows doesn’t involve any procedure that harms the environment or humans.
- Range of Design Options: Timber windows are available in a variety of shades and wood options such as maple, oak, and mahogany. These wood types have their own unique particulars in terms of durability, appearance, and shades. Wooden window options can have endless design models, depending on the talent of a carpenter or interior designer. The natural shades or wooden rings can provide unique and striking natural designs to the structure. These timber windows can be easily painted and molded according to the suitability and requirement of the infrastructure or interior. When it comes to the durability, these wooden frames can easily persist for several years, even in the lack of care and arduous conditions.
- Easy to Repair: Timber windows are usually easy to repair, as only the damaged section has to be refurbished. Whereas, in most of the other window options an entire section has to be replaced such as the whole window frame even when a small section gets rusted or damaged. In case of metallic windows, a repair leaves behind a mark that ruins the appearance of the window.
- Economical than other options: This reason is probably the most controversial among the entire ‘7 Great Reasons to Choose Timber Windows, since many have the perception that metallic windows are durable and cheaper than timber windows. Though metallic windows are 30% cheaper than timber windows at the point of installation, this fact does not stand when costs are evaluated thoroughly. Metallic windows though durable do need constant maintenance over a period of time which increases its overall cost, whereas, timber windows prove to be more economical in the long run, if taken good care off with timely polishing and anti-termite coating.
- Maintenance: Metallic windows often need constant maintenance and care, such as of cleaning, oiling and greasing so that rust conditions are not created that could demolish the metal. Timber windows, on the other hand need very low maintenance. A simple paint and anti-termite coat will suffice to make it last for a long duration of time, even for decades.
These are the ample reasons proving timber windows are certainly not out of style and is the right choice keeping environment in mind.
Author Bio: David Fenton is professional blogger and informative content writer. He loves to write about Automotive, home improvement, & Business topics. View the social networks of website at Google plus, Facebook and Twitter.