I received compensation and classes in exchange for this post. All views and opinions are my own. Please see the disclosure page for more information. Disclaimer – always verify medical information with your doctor or a professional and follow all laws for your location.
Did anyone else dive headfirst into homeschooling in 2020?
We sure did and it was a crazy year! Even though math and science were my favorite subjects growing up, I am ill equipped to actually teach them. I’m so thankful for resources like College Prep’s Self-paced Online Homeschool Science Classes And Labs.
What I Love About Virtual School
One of the biggest thing that I’ve learned being a facilitator for my kids is how different their paces are in completing assignments. For certain subjects, one of my kids may finish quickly and others might take longer. That’s another reason while I like Greg Landry College Prep Science. Kids can work on the class without the pressure and stress of a certain time frame. I think this helps them absorb more information and have a greater understanding of what they are learning.
Another thing that I have loved about virtual school is that the hours do not necessary have to be set at certain times during the day. We can wake up much later than our neighbors. We can visit museums or parks in the middle of the day. Our lunchtime can be at any time. Instead of scheduling our life around school, we schedule school around our life. Check out the amazing new park we got to visit this year during our homeschooling adventure… Isn’t this AMAZING!!!
More Details About Greg Landry Self-Paced(recorded) Online Classes
– Tuition registers one family (may be used by any students in your family) for one self-paced (recorded) online class.
– You will have access to the class recordings for the homeschool year (August 30, 2021 through August 1, 2022).
– A PDF book for the class is included.
– Professor Landry is available for student questions via email.
– Recorded classes average 20-30 minutes each and can be used at your pace during the school year.
– Students are taught by Greg Landry, a 20-year veteran homeschool dad and former college professor. Greg is a Christian and young Earth creationist. He has taught and mentored several thousand homeschooled students and college students in various capacities for 20 years. Click here to see his bio.
– Homework after each lesson is suggested (but not required) and can be checked by parents for completion.
– Suggestions are given for testing students and issuing grades.
Here’s my daughter not at all excited about me trying to explain science…
Here’s is much happier to be using online science classes that are already prepared…
Are you a homeschooling parent at your wits end? I have been there. LOTS OF TIMES! This past year was definitely a learning process and not just for my kids. It’s important to recognized when you are over your head as the facilitator in a virtual or homeschool. Resources like College Prep’s Self-paced Online Homeschool Science Classes And Labs will make your life so much simpler and help save sanity!
If you are feeling down or depressed for more days than not, please seek medical attention. If you are feeling like you cannot go on, please call the suicide hotline at 1-800-273-8255 or chat here>>> https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/chat/ Or visit the suicide prevention lifeline at https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/